Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First Update: Bleeding Money

Started the day with some 4nl, since the waitlist's were ridiculous at 10nl (4-5 waiters on every table).  I figured I would just play some 4nl for an hour or so, until things cleared out at 10nl.  I pretty much expected to print money, now that i'm a 10nl reg lol, but varience wouldn't oblige.  Ran pretty bad and dropped 3 buy-ins in about 500 hands.


So I took a break for a couple hours, then decided to load up some 10nl.  Unfortunately my session was very similar to my 4nl session earlier.  Played about 500 hands, and dropped 3.5 buy-ins (3 buy-ins below ev).  I'm sure it was just variance again kk<aq on qxx river A obviously.  AA<kq aipf, obviously he hit quads, and a few other coolers.  It's a little unnerving to run badly so soon after moving up, but I try to remind myself it's just variance (easier said than done).  



Now i'm on a 6 buy-in downswing at 10nl, and i'm also now in the negative overall, but i'm going to just ignore it and keep grinding.  I had multiple 15 buy-in downswings at 4nl, and expect to have even larger ones at 10nl.  I guess it's just frustrating because I want to prove to myself so badly that I can win at 10nl, so I was hoping to crush right away, and do the downswing thing later :).  I guess i'll have to wait for now and remember to MDFR (Make decisions, fuck results) as Jennifear used to say.  

No comments:

Post a Comment